Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hogsmeade

Boy, oh, boy, have I been busy. Studying and visiting poor Madame Pomfrey. I think I was studying so much that I got myself sick. So I am finally caught up and feeling a little better, so I can post about my trip to Hogsmeade.

I really wanted to hit every shop, but I am so easily distracted. The first place I went was Gladrags Wizardwear. I am seriously addicted to shoes. I guess it is really just a foot thing because I love to knit socks too. My favorite shoes are the ones that show off my socks. And I swear I will post about more of the sock spells from my mom. I lost my notebook though. So got some beautiful leather oots with some wonderful "windows" that will show off my amazing sock. They are just past ankle high, so I also bought a great skirt so I can wear the new boots and skirt with the knee high socks I have on the needles.

Then I stopped in to Madam Puddifoot's place for a bit of tea, but too many people were making out and being all mushy so I left slightly disgusted and got a pumpkin juice from The Three Broomsticks. Apparently Madam Rosmerta knew my mother way back in the day. And she even met me when I was really little. They don't talk anymore because she thinks my dad is kind of a jerk. Go figure. He kind of is sometimes. So we talked for a while and I heard some hilarious stories about my mom, though I will never tell her what Rosmerta told me. I think she misses my mom. I will send her a letter to see if she wants to meet me at the Three Broomsticks sometime.

So then I still had some time and that silly canary followed me all around Hogsmeade. The whole time she was egging to see the Shrieking Shack. I don't know why it can't go without me, but we went. Just close enough to see it and then when we saw other people coming we ran back to town. I had one last thing to get, so I went to Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop. I got a beautiful blue and bronze quill in preparation for Quidditch. It is wonderfully soft and light. I have usd it every day since I bought it. Marvelous.

Still time ( I was shocked) so I went to Honeyduke's Sweet Shop and Bought a delicious assortment of chocolates and cherry gummies. Tons of chocolate frogs (gotta finish my card collection). I have already eaten most of it. Yum.

No comments: