Thursday, June 26, 2008
My kit is almost complete. I am very excited to ship it off. I think I am getting some good stuff in there. Waiting on one more response from my spoilee about something I may or may not need to make a final something or other to include. My whosie-whatsits give me giggles. I hope she enjoys her package.
Speaking of, I am looking forward to seeing how many points I have in DA to see how many more I need to do to decide what I need to do.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
b. Professor Umbridge
2. Off what street is the alley where Harry first met Sirius?
c. Magnolia Crescent
3. Tonks’ mother had two sisters, both pure-bloods, and both left on the Black Family Tree. What are their names?
c. Narcissa and Bellatrix
4. What spell are the students studying in McGonalgall’s class when Umbrdige is doing her inspection?
d. The Vanishing Spell
5. Who comes to warn Harry and the rest of Dumbledore’s Army that Umbridge and her group of followers are coming to break up their meeting?
6. Who are the members of the Order that met Harry Potter in the Dursely’s house during the summer before his fifth year?
c. Alastor Moody, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle, Remus Lupin, Emmeline Vance, Sturgis Podmore, Hestia Jones
7. Moody used the Disillusionment Charm on Harry.
8. Which of these Death Eaters is Sirius related to?
d. All of these
9. At what age did Sirius leave his home?
10. How many of the original Order members were killed (don’t include those who disappeared)?
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Well, I am a second year at Ravenclaw so I was learning to walk. Very exciting. Drooled a lot I would imagine. (Alter ego Angela - I was just past learning to drive. Had my license for less than a year. Finishing my Junior year in highschool in first year at community college. Good year.)
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today:
- Finish my homework - at least the Ravenclaw quiz is done already
- Freshen my bedside rose - it is getting pretty brown and wilty
- (work on the big project at work)
- (work on producing a bunch of trackers for work)
- (get started on a picture - not sure what of yet...)
- (work on my one-skein shawl from Noro Sock Yarn)
3. Snacks I enjoy: chocolate rose petals, chocolate frogs; just chocolate, really (Still chocolate - I am a sucker for Hershey's chocolate bar. Also, rose tea and irish or english breakfast tea with milk and honey)
4. Places I’ve lived:
I'm not sure. Mother would never tell me where we lived. She is really good at keeping a secret...
(Bellingham, WA and Seattle, WA)
5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Travel, travel. And think of all the yarn!!!
(Work on arachknits and I would write and draw. And boy oh boy would I travel! I might have houses all over the world since I could afford it, but eventually I would narrow it down to one because really there has to be one place that is truley. But in the mean time, think of all the yarn I could have without overflowing my house!!!)
2. Dumbledore's Army was about doing something real. Or was that all just words to you?
Ron Wealsey - I mean, Neville Longbottom to Ron.
3. Dementors in Little Winging? Whatever next? The whole world's going topsy-turvy.
4. The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing.
5. Face it, Petunia. Our boy has gone lumpy.
6. You're a fool, Harry Potter, and you will lose everything.
7. Practicing is good, but there's something else that's even more important: believing in yourself. Look at it this way: every wizard in history has started out as nothing more than we are now -- students. If they can do it, why not us?
8. I WILL have order!
9. When are you going to get it into your head? We're in this together.
10. When all this is over we'll be a proper family, you'll see.
11. That's right. Anyway, my mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. If not always in the way we expect.
12. You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style.
13. Who wants to watch me take off Snivelly's trousers?
Sirius Black (when he was attending Hogwarts)
14. One person can't feel all that, they'd explode!
15. They're very clean, these Muggles. It's unnatural.
16. How dare you speak his name! YOU FILTHY HALF BLOOD!
17. Just because you can use magic now does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything.
18. Did you actually believe, or are you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us? I'll make this simple, Potter. Give me the prophecy now, or watch your friends die.
19. You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
20. Ah, I thought we might hit this little snag. You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I am going to -- what is the phrase? -- come quietly.
Ooh. Good quiz. That was fun! I enjoyed seeing which ones I remembered right away, and which ones I could feel tickling at the front of my brain.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Thanks again, Selena.
I think, though, that I might be more of an absent minded professor than a spy. I could make the gadgets! Come up with new ways for top secret communication (the kit came with an invisible ink pen and the tool to read it). Hmm. I am sure that Muggles could really use some good spells when it comes to espionage. Hogwarts alone is full of things that would make any Muggle spy's dream's come true. Moving stair cases, for one, make people so much harder to follow. (I've missed the end of some really good conversations because of that. I guess I am a bad spy. She probably sent it to me because she caught me spying on people and wanted to give me a leg up.)
Saturday, June 7, 2008
First I went to Gladrags. One of my friends told me about these Flocculent Mollifying Socks that sound like just what I need after all the tests, pop quizzes, and lack of wisdom teeth.
She was right. They are awesome.
I popped into Scrivenshaft's to check out the quills. I saw Elanor Cadogan checking out some beautiful quills. Then lo! she had a couple of knitting needles that an owl accidentally brought with on of her restock orders. I found them in the far corner of the counter covered in some quills bags. They are spectacular. I hinted that she should get more because a lot of the students love to knit. There was a pair that saved you from dropped stitches, a pair that blocks lace as you knit it, and a pair that keeps your hands from sweating (that is the one I bought - my hands have sweat so much on my AddiTurbo's that they have corroded and worn of the metal in places so it is yellow).
I went to Madam Puddifoot's and had some tea so I could check out my new needles. I have a spell from my mother to change the size whenever to fit the project as I need. Basically Engorgio but with the specific size in mind. Or Reducio. I guess it isn't that tricky when I think about it, but I practiced a few times at the shop until I slipped and shrunk my tea cup, spilling tea all over my lap. That was fun. She helped me clean up (used something like scourgify, but a little different to keep the tea stain out). Then I looked at her teas and cups and pots. She has some really lovely stuff. I got a matching tea pot and tea cup. The tea pot heats the water up on it's own in five minutes and the tea cup keeps tea warm as long as it is in there. All at just the perfect temperature. Just shy of being too hot to drink. They are a lovely shade of blue on the outside with some yellow roses, white on the inside and they both have another yellow rose on the inside. Beautiful. When the tea is ready, the flower buds on the tea pot bloom.
By then it was getting close to time to leave, so I ran over to Honeydukes. I love the smell of that place. I get a sugar high from a few doors down! Well, I got some great treats. I don't really remember what, I think I was so up on the sugar fumes. I guess that might be part of their tactics! Tricky buggers.
When I got back to my room, I made a pot of tea in my new teapot with my new tea in my new teacup, I put on my Flocculent Mollifying Socks, grabbed a couple of chocolate rose petals, and started up a curtain with a gimongous skein of green yarn that I happened to bring with me. I think it will look great with the sun streaming through it as spring goes on.
I even wore the hat I got in the duel from Uusula Longbottom out that day. It kept me at just the right temperature all day.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
2. Who is taking a course in Remedical Magical Symphony?
3. Who got 3 puncture wounds in the bottom of her foot by stepping on a hair brush?
Me!! That hurt!
4. Who was formerly employed by the Ministry of Magic?
Emma Diggory (US)
5. Who has been enrolled in a Magic Fibres Class in order to learn to knit?
Stuart Cauldwell as per the Headmistress (I think)
6. Whose mother is a squib?
7. Whose father is an auror?
Chrysta the Cursed
8. Whose room smells like wet wool most of the time?
Elanor Cadogan and roomies (smells so good whenever I walk by :) )
9. What Ravenclaws spent time in the infirmary for allergies?
Wiserita Lovegoods, Agatha Vablatsky, Minerva Kwikspell, and Stuart Cauldwell I think all at least poked his head in there to get some relief from Madame Pomfrey.
10. Whose wand is made of holly with a kelpie feather?
11. Whose mother was a Ravenclaw and father was a Hufflepuff when they met at Hogwarts?
12. Whose silencing potion backfired?
Emma Scrimgeour (I love her hair)
13. Who has purple hair?
I believe Andromache (in response to the previous question - they are still working on the other roomie)
14. Whose son attends Hogwarts?
Emma Diggory. Man, we have too many Emma's. Well, we have a lot; I guess you can never have too many.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
I saw Ingrid ze Insightful's new Betta when I got my teeth out and didn't believe it. The mini portkey idea so it can move from her necklace to her room is ingenious. I can see why she got into Ravenclaw!
As requested, here are some pictures of my crup, Whippie. Here he is when he was just little. Such a cutie pie!
Look at that big pink belly!
Here he is now.
Such a happy fella. This was taken after Xantian had tried to a severing charm on his ear. So that is why it looks all weird. He got in big trouble for that, don't worry. Little punk. Sometimes I can really see why he is called Xantian the Insane. I might need to write up a howler for him. A bit late, but I didn't think of it at the time. Would be my first practice at a howler.