Saturday, June 7, 2008

Weekend at hogsmeade

Whoowee. That was a blast. Hogsmeade is a good trip. I didn't have as much fun last term (I just wandered around outside because my mother wouldn't spare me some coin). This year though, my brother sent me some money because he felt bad that I didn't get to do anything last time. I would have gone to the Shack, but it gives me the heebie jeebies.

First I went to Gladrags. One of my friends told me about these Flocculent Mollifying Socks that sound like just what I need after all the tests, pop quizzes, and lack of wisdom teeth.











She was right. They are awesome.

I popped into Scrivenshaft's to check out the quills. I saw Elanor Cadogan checking out some beautiful quills. Then lo! she had a couple of knitting needles that an owl accidentally brought with on of her restock orders. I found them in the far corner of the counter covered in some quills bags. They are spectacular. I hinted that she should get more because a lot of the students love to knit. There was a pair that saved you from dropped stitches, a pair that blocks lace as you knit it, and a pair that keeps your hands from sweating (that is the one I bought - my hands have sweat so much on my AddiTurbo's that they have corroded and worn of the metal in places so it is yellow).

I went to Madam Puddifoot's and had some tea so I could check out my new needles. I have a spell from my mother to change the size whenever to fit the project as I need. Basically Engorgio but with the specific size in mind. Or Reducio. I guess it isn't that tricky when I think about it, but I practiced a few times at the shop until I slipped and shrunk my tea cup, spilling tea all over my lap. That was fun. She helped me clean up (used something like scourgify, but a little different to keep the tea stain out). Then I looked at her teas and cups and pots. She has some really lovely stuff. I got a matching tea pot and tea cup. The tea pot heats the water up on it's own in five minutes and the tea cup keeps tea warm as long as it is in there. All at just the perfect temperature. Just shy of being too hot to drink. They are a lovely shade of blue on the outside with some yellow roses, white on the inside and they both have another yellow rose on the inside. Beautiful. When the tea is ready, the flower buds on the tea pot bloom.

By then it was getting close to time to leave, so I ran over to Honeydukes. I love the smell of that place. I get a sugar high from a few doors down! Well, I got some great treats. I don't really remember what, I think I was so up on the sugar fumes. I guess that might be part of their tactics! Tricky buggers.

When I got back to my room, I made a pot of tea in my new teapot with my new tea in my new teacup, I put on my Flocculent Mollifying Socks, grabbed a couple of chocolate rose petals, and started up a curtain with a gimongous skein of green yarn that I happened to bring with me. I think it will look great with the sun streaming through it as spring goes on.

I even wore the hat I got in the duel from Uusula Longbottom out that day. It kept me at just the right temperature all day.

No comments: