Monday, March 31, 2008

Kit I sent!

I finally sent out my kit. I took some pictures, so here they are, but I realized how much dog hair there is in my room. I swear that my mom cursed the blanket she sent with me to apparate all the dog hair in her house to my room here at Hogwarts. I wouldn't put it past her sometimes.

Anyways, Perenelle, I hope you like it when you get it, but don't look any farther if you don't want to ruin the surprise.


Group Picture














There is a big bag, a small sock bag, and a tool bag; two balls of Dal of Uruguay sock yarn in red and one in yellow; Addi Turbo US 1 40" circular needles; a black sheep tape measure; Book of Sock Spells Grade 1 with four patterns that use the supplied yarn and needles; an owl st marker holder and a bunch of st markers; and a Dumbledore book marker.














Here is a close up of the art on the bags. I hand painted these.














Here is a close up of the owl st marker holder with one of the st markers sticking out of the top.














Here are the 12 st markers. I made the five on the left first and then I lost them (they were in the tool bag posted above). So I made 7 in a tear drop shape. Then I lost the 7 tear drops and found the first five. Then I found the tear drops again (they were in the bottom of the big bag). So now lucky little Perenelle gets 12 st markers!














This headband is a last minute addition I sewed together while I wait for my mom's very trustworthy owl to come take my package.

So fun! I hope Perenelle has fun picking out a pattern and using her bajillion st markers.














And here is a perfect picture to show you why all of my items are covered in hair if I am right about the cursed blanket. Please forgive me, Perenelle.

5 comments:

Emma Wigworthy said...

Absolutely fantastic kit!! I love all the creativity you've put into this, and very successfully. I want that knitting book!! And the bag, and the stitchmarker holder...
I think this one might be a winner?

Emma Diggory said...

wow what a great kit!! The bag is beautfiul, I love the tape measure handle, very nice touch. You can tell you put a lot of love into this kit, so I guess your dogs wanted to add their bit too :) They are so cute:) Well done! Emma

Unknown said...

What a wonderful kit!! I LOVE your detailing on the bags. Very nice. You did a great job Ophelia!! Your little "helpers" are adorable too. ;0)

Hugs!
Minee

Emma Wigworthy said...

And it is 'a winner'! Which just goes to show that the divination exam at Hogwarts is an unfair test (I got a D!)

Anonymous said...

It came it came it came! I LOVE IT !

Thank you SO much!

Perenelle Ballycastle