Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Swap package is here

It has arrived, and is smelling loverly. My dogs keep huffing the bag and the yarn. It was from the super Lavender Kedavra.














You can see here the wonderful bag that she knit with the top reinforced with US 15 Brittany needles (gorgeous and clever), US1 40" circular needles (so I can learn magic knitting), a cable sock pattern, Dove chocolate eggs (so good, they are already all eaten in this picture), subtle yarn, and matching st markers.
The bag is like a Mary Poppins bag. I used it for a purse last week and I just kept getting more and more stuff in there. At one point I had a whole palm tree. Enchanted knitting bag, indeed.
The yarn is gorgeously subtle and soft. I actually have a very similar yarn from Alpaca Sox, so good choice Lavendar. Gorgeous colors. I am dying to cast on, but I have so many projects on the needles, I am making myself wait because they all have deadlines. I think that I will make myself 3 pairs of socks for my birthday in May. I should have shown you the yarn in the skein, but I got all excited and balled it.














I am already using the st markers in a house elf hat. They must also be charmed because I never skip past them on the rows I am supposed to do something. Very handy for such a spacy knitter!














And this wonderful all-over cable pattern. I can see this getting a lot of good use. On stiff paper in a plastic case so I don't drool on it while I am concentrating on my knitting. (Cables Galore, by Monica Jines)














Looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Winnie said...

I love those needle bags! Very nice package :) and the yarn is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Great kit, and I LOVE the bag! The yarn is beautiful also!